I just finished the game and enjoyed it. Here's some feedback that may have improved my time with the game.
On a gameplay level, I felt that I never really mastered the game. A lot of the levels felt like I was trying things and experimenting until the solution emerge, but I rarely had a plan, often had to restart the level from zero, and I think that if I were to retry some levels, I wouldn't be better at solving them now. There are exceptions to that (some level required careful planning which I enjoyed the most) but that was my general feeling (which is not necessary a bad thing). Pig enemies some times don't do the movement I expected especially when there are several of them which isn't a big issue since I can undo movements, but makes it harder to think about the solution.
I wanted to play with only the mouse but there were a few things that were annoying with that:
- when you change the shapes of the tiles they don't stay at / occupy the same place, which means you can't just click several times at the same place to quickly cycle shapes. Some times it works, some times it does nothing, at worst it does a movement instead of morphing. The same issue is true for the "undo" button.
- I would have liked to be able to remap the change shape button to right click.
- It was weird to me that I needed to click icons in the menus instead of being able to click the whole icon + text rectangle.
- I would have liked to have a "Restart level", and "Rise up again" button next to the undo button since I used those quite a lot (mostly restart, but rise up again also because of the map navigation).
I didn't like the map / overworld.
- It wasn't clear to me what the "cut scenes" showed. Maybe the view should stay on the thing it showed and wait for user input ?
- It was hard to see my progression in the game since you can't have a global view, or even a "big" area around you because of the tile fading out when they go off screen;
- that makes it's harder than necessary to know where there are uncompleted levels;
- The level icons looks (not the preview) weird, I'm not sure what it's supposed to be;
- It's kind of annoying to navigate since you need to change shapes and use game mechanics, and sometimes you enter completed level and need to exit them just after;
- The ground tiles don't look interesting in comparison to the character sprites and other decorations (that's obviously apply in levels too). I understand they need to stay readable in the different shapes but still they look kind of blend.
- I think disappearing tiles on the map (those that disappear after you step on it) should re-spawn after another step or some time on the map.
- The music changing speed with shape changes was annoying to me.
- The UI text morphing and icon morphing (the white in the icons, not only the button shape) make the UI kind of hard to read. I understand the idea of everything needs to morph but in my opinion the "benefit" is less than the inconvenience. I think if the "aspect ratio" of the text was respected (if that's possible) it would be more readable. Same thing with the mirroring of text, which I don't think as a point a all, but you can disable it so that's fine.
- The back icon doesn't look good in any of the shape type.
- Most shape borders look blurry (when using square shape) because they are not lined up on screen pixels. It's not a big issue but I think it really visible.